Latest post Tue, Sep 27 2022 1:10 PM by Chris Bové. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 15 2022 5:03 AM

• juliusr4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 12 2020
    • Posts 5
    • Points 60

Help Deactivating License on Old Computer

I had my Media Composer activated on my old computer. I sold it & wiped the data without deactivating my system license, so now I cannot activate it on my new computer.

I have spent hours trying to contact Avid, but I can't get through to anyone on the phone and I have gotten no response from my emails to customer support.

Can someone from Avid please contact me to help me resolve this?

Thank you,

Julius

Filed under:
  • Sat, Jan 15 2022 9:29 AM In reply to

Re: Help Deactivating License on Old Computer

Hi Julius,

If you have Avid Link 2021.12, you should be able to deactivate your license remotely (this is new in v2021.12).

If that's not working and you're not getting anywhere with support, send an email to Chris Bové (chris.bove@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com). They are customer advocates and can help you with this.

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jan 17 2022 6:50 AM In reply to

• juliusr4
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 60

Hi,

I have the newest Avid Link but that does not work. I emailed with Raff. He responded and gave me a number of things to do, but none of them worked. We exchanged several emails, and I did everything he said, but nothing worked. Raff said someone from support was going to call me, but when they called I was not by my phone. The support guy said he would email me so we could connect, but he never sent an email. I tried calling him back, but it asked for a support contract number, which I do not have. I emailed Raff and Chris again, but they did not respond.

To be honest, I am really frustrated by this process. I have been trying to activate my license for 3 days now, and have followed all the instructions, but nothing is working. Can Avid please just give me a temporary support contract number so I can call the support line and get this resolved? It seems like there is some kind of bug in deactivating/activating my license, and I really need to get it resolved.

I've been using Avid for 20 years as a professional editor, but I've never had this much trouble getting in touch with someone to get a license activated. Please help. I can't keep going back and forth over email with people -- there is a real issue with the license and I should be able to use a product that I paid for.

Thank you,

Julius

• Mon, Jan 17 2022 4:24 PM In reply to

Hello,
    Still stuck? Raff is off on Mondays. Email me your system ID and I can fix it.chris.bove@avid.com 

2014 MacPro 6;1 "trashcan" on Monterey with MC 2022.7. 2019 MBP (Intel) with BigSur running MC 2021.12.2 2014 MBP (Intel) with Mojave running... [view my complete system specs]

Email me to create a support case: chris.bove@avid.com 

------

Chris Bové
    Avid Online Community Manager

• Mon, Jan 17 2022 9:25 PM In reply to

• juliusr4
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 60

Yes, I'm still stuck. I emailed you. Raff already tried deactivating the license but it didn't work. Then he had me do a whole bunch of systems procedures - they didn't work either. I got another list of procedures to do from a support person and they didn't work either.

I am BEGGING for someone from Avid to please get on the phone with me and help resolve this!!!!!!

This has become a real nightmare. On day number 4 of lost work, and I have still not been able to speak with anyone from Avid. Really disappointing.

• Mon, Jan 17 2022 10:47 PM In reply to

UPDATE -- This has been resolved.

Julius had a license that was behaving entirely buggy. Internally here, I can see everyone's history of exactly which machines they install/uninstall, their activations, exact dates, and so on. However with his license, everything was showing up empty.

Happens once in a blue moon. (Believe it or not, bugs happen in licensing, just like they do in software.)

There's a way to fix it internally here... but people in Avid yell at me when I do it. Ehh... Heck with 'em ;) I did it anyway.

So he's back up-and-running. 

2014 MacPro 6;1 "trashcan" on Monterey with MC 2022.7. 2019 MBP (Intel) with BigSur running MC 2021.12.2 2014 MBP (Intel) with Mojave running... [view my complete system specs]

------

Chris Bové

• Tue, Jan 18 2022 1:25 AM In reply to

• juliusr4
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 60

Chris, thank you very much for helping resolve this. I appreciate it.

• Fri, Sep 23 2022 5:53 PM In reply to

• Wuzup4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 10 2022
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Chris would you be able to help me with a license that is stuck on an old computer? I don't have the computer anymore and I need to load this software on a new computer - I have a project I have to get done. 

• Fri, Sep 23 2022 6:08 PM In reply to

Wuzup4:

Chris would you be able to help me with a license that is stuck on an old computer? I don't have the computer anymore and I need to load this software on a new computer - I have a project I have to get done. 

You should create a case on the MyAvid support portal and someone will get to you asap.

https://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact  If you don't get anywhere with them, then send an email to Chris (chris.bove@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com). 
    Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Sep 27 2022 11:34 AM In reply to

• Brendan87
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 26 2022
    • Posts 7
    • Points 25

thank u for a request

• Tue, Sep 27 2022 1:10 PM In reply to

Wuzup4:

Hello again - I did deactivate your license for you and sent you an email on 9/23 to confrm.  Not sure if you got it.

------

Chris Bové

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller