Latest post Wed, Jan 5 2022 5:55 PM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 5 2022 3:18 PM

Media Offline AAF

Good day all,

I've been using Avid for about 10 years now, and I am just needing to us AAF for the first time. 

I'm looking to send the sequence to another editor (AAF at their request), I export the sequence as an AAF and consolidate all the video and audio to the same folder as the AAF file and send that along. It goes into the Avid easily enough, the sequence and layers are all laid out on the TL as they should be, but everything is offline despite consolidating everything to the same folder. 

Do I need to send all the media long too?

Thanks in advance

Filed under: ,
  • Wed, Jan 5 2022 4:40 PM In reply to

Re: Media Offline AAF

Hi.

Your friend´s video suite does not see your consolidated media. Try to move this folder to Avid media files and name as 1,2 " or 3 any number. If this does not work try to embedded file.

cj

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Wed, Jan 5 2022 5:55 PM In reply to

Re: Media Offline AAF

As CJ says an AFF can have embedded media or the media is generated and saved seperately.

An embedded AAF is ok for audio but for video you end up with a massive file (unless the runtime and codec is small)

So making the AAF to a seperate folder is normally best.

You should end up with a folder created (as well as the AAF file) that complete media folder along with the AAF need to be sent to the other editor.

As CJ says tell them to create a new numbered folder in their Avid MediaFile/MXF folder ( I tend to use 999 or similar so I can see its not locally created media) and copy all those media files from the AAF export into that folder. (make sure they aren't a sub folder in that numbered folder)

Then launch Media Composer and it should scan that new folder and the media come online.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller