Latest post Wed, Dec 1 2021 1:59 PM by GT. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 30 2021 4:14 PM

P-Tools 2021.10.0 - Frame rate warning is gone when importing video

I've notice the latest version of Pro-Tools ultimate no longer warns of video frame rate incompatiblility.  Occasionally my client will mistakenly send a video proxy with the wrong frame rate.  When importing the file, Pro-tools used to warn the user before importing the video, that the video frame rate did not match the session frame rate.  Now Pro-Tools 2021.10.0 just automatically changes the frame rate of the session to whatever the video is, secretly without any warning.  For my work, it is typical for the sample rate of the source audio to be incorrect, requiring a conversion.  I ended up converting the files and doing some work incorrectly.  Fortunately I caught this before it went out. I can just check the session settings more careful;ly going forward, but with my ADD it would be nice if I could have the warning.  I'm so used to it being there after all of these years.

Is there a way to "turn on" the incompatible video frame rate warning, when importing video?  It would be nice to have this feature back.

• Wed, Dec 1 2021 1:59 PM In reply to

• GT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 432
    • Points 4,665

Re: P-Tools 2021.10.0 - Frame rate warning is gone when importing video

Hi, These are the forums for Avid's Video and Film products.

For Audio issues go to https://duc.avid.com/

MC Ver 8.7, Intel Core I5, NVidia Quadro FX 570, 16Gb Ram, 250 Gb system drive, 2 Tb Render/Media drive, Windows 7 64bit Pro, QT 7.6.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller