Latest post Fri, Oct 29 2021 4:13 AM by ahenriques12. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 29 2021 12:51 AM

Effect Error Message - ???

Hi everyone!!!

First ever post on here so bare with me - I have an editor who ran into this error message when trying to use an effect on an audio track (the specific effect used is called "D-Verb"). Running 2018 version and I don't believe the effect in question comes as an additional plug-in.  Has anyone run into this issue before? It's on 2018 version and I don't believe the effect in question comes as an additional plug-in. 

• Fri, Oct 29 2021 2:43 AM In reply to

• Marty McLean
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2016
    • Sydney, NSW
    • Posts 173
    • Points 2,140
    • Moderator: MCA Mac

Re: Effect Error Message - ???

G'day and welcome to the forums!

The D-verb plug-ins are standard with every Media Composer.  Your screenshot did not attach (not your fault, these forums are just buggy)... so could you let us know what you/the editor is attempting as well as the exact error received.

Hopefuly we can help you then, thank you!

~Marty

MC 2022.10 on MaxBook Pro 14" macOS 12.6.1 + iMac 27" macOS 10.15.7 | MC 2018.12.15 on HP Z840 Windows 10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 29 2021 4:13 AM In reply to

Thanks Marty - the exact error message reads,

"ASPImedia Generator:GetEffectNameCopy() Error [0] unnable to: cannot return effect name."

This happens on all audio clips on different tracks, and also tried other audiosuite effects and all of the effects give him this same error message when he selects them.
  • Fri, Oct 29 2021 4:14 AM In reply to

And I believe he's simply trying to add an effect on an audio track when the pop up message occurs

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller