Latest post Thu, Aug 5 2021 12:35 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 4 2021 1:12 PM

• MrMick94
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 9 2020
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Avid Media Composer to Davinci Resolve round trip

Hi, I’m hoping that someone on here can help with an issue I am experiencing and that this is the correct forum. I am very new to conforming to Davinci Resolve for color grade. I followed a tutorial that instructed I simplify my timeline in Media Composer, then export it as an AAF file. I managed to import this file into my timeline in resolve and have begin color grading. However, I don’t know how to then transfer my work back into Media Composer. I have tried to export the timeline as an AAF from Resolve, but when I try to link to it in Media Composer, I get the following error “file couldn’t be loaded into source monitor”. In other words, it can’t be linked. I’m using the free version of Davinci Resolve 17.2.2. Build 4.

Some possibly relevant info: some of my original videos are H.264, others are Apple Prores. There is one clip missing from my timeline because I don’t have access to it right now.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

• Thu, Aug 5 2021 12:35 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Media Composer to Davinci Resolve round trip

When you export the AAF from Resolve (as an Avid AAF) you need to import that into Avid (not AMA link it)

You will also have to have moved the graded media from resolve to the Avid medifiles folder.

You have 2 options when exporting from resolve. 

The simple one is to export a single flatterned output (probably at whatever codec you are using in your Avid so maybe DNx185x)

You just AMA link that into Avid and manually cut into you timeline as a single clip.

The other method is to export individual MXF graded media files into a folder and the Avid AAF file. Thats the route that requires you to move that Avid media to the Avid mediafiles folder and then import the AAF.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller