Latest post Thu, Jun 23 2022 7:54 PM by Philip Kapadia. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 29 2021 5:18 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 11 2006
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 397
    • Points 4,755

Re: Anyone else having problems with Avid Link?

My license is down again.  That lasted, what 2 weeks?  Emailed Raff  a few hours ago.  Hasn't gotten back to me yet.   Hopefully the whole day won't be a bust.

I was about to purchase a couple dozen seats for a school I teach at.  I have now decided that would be unwise.

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 5 1-Media Composer 2021.6 on Win 10 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 23 2022 3:44 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 397
    • Points 4,755

YAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! It happened again!

I put in a support ticket and hopefully they will resolve this, but this is getting insane.  I never have a problem with any of my other software.  And yet Avid has failed me like 8 or 9 times now.  OF course it always happens when I"m set to deliver the finished piece.

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 5 1-Media Composer 2021.6 on Win 10 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 23 2022 3:58 PM In reply to

HI Ssnygg

Can you share some information on the machine on which this happened? Is it a windows 10/11 machine? Does it have 1 or 2 nic's and if multiple are they all conected? Does it have a wireless nic? Do you know if any updates recently ran that might have affected nic drivers or bios?

Did Avid Link recently update?

Are you using the 'old' activation method or the new cloud licensing?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Thu, Jun 23 2022 6:22 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 397
    • Points 4,755

I don't know what a "nic" is.  Do you mean "mic" as in "microphone"?

Running Windows 10,
    last night, I downloaded Eucon to see if I could connect a mixer.  I also accidentally updated avid to the latest version.  Then I ran into this problem.  Unistalled Eucon without opening it.  No change.  Tried clearing caches, resynching, unistalling avid link and reinstalling....
    It appears as if Avid now thinks my tower is multiple PCs. 

The tech support initially said I should try this:

You may need to clear the license folders. Once done, reactivate the license.
    Below are the steps on how to clear folders:

*FOR WINDOWS*

1. Stop the following Processes in Task Manager:
    • AvidLink.exe
    2. Unhide hidden files and folders on your Windows computer.
    • (Windows 7 / 8) Go to Control Panel > Folder Options
    (Windows 10) Open Folder Options > open "This PC", click View and select Options.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • In the Folder Options window, choose View, select "Show hidden files, folders and drives", and then click OK.
    (Or you can type %programdata% on any folder's address bar and hit Enter.)
    3. Delete the following folders:
    • C:\ProgramData\Avid\AvidLink\Cache
    • C:\ProgramData\Avid\AvidLink\Db
    • C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses
    • C:\ProgramData\Avid\SWL
    4. Then proceed on running "AvidLink" found on this location : C:\Program Files\Avid\Avid Link\ AvidLink.exe
    5. Launch Media Composer and proceed to activate.

*FOR MAC*

1. On your Mac, kindly Open the "Activity Monitor"
    2. Stop the following
    A. AvidLink
    3. Delete the following folders:
    • HD/Library/Caches/Avid/AvidLink/Cache
    • HD/Library/Caches/Avid/Avid Link/Db
    • HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Licenses
    • HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/SWL
    4. Then proceed on running "Avid Link" found on this location: Applications/Avid/Avid Link/
    5. Then Proceed with running Media Composer.

After 6 hours of fussing, tech support reset my account several times and sent me a link that fixed the last bit.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Error_Message/EssentialResourceNotAvailableError-Launching-Media-Composer-2022-4

I don't know if it's a permanent fix, but it's working for now, so I'm going to rush to output the feature I'm working on

• Thu, Jun 23 2022 6:42 PM In reply to

Hi a nic is a network interface card.

That mixer uses a network connection to connect to your pc, doesn't it? Did you use a switch or connected the mixer directly to your pc?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Thu, Jun 23 2022 7:54 PM In reply to

Jeroen van Eekeres:

Hi a nic is a network interface card.

That mixer uses a network connection to connect to your pc, doesn't it? Did you use a switch or connected the mixer directly to your pc?

This

Also, Which version of Avid Link, and Media Composer are you running? are you trying to activate on a uni network for example?

I must mention that I have only once had an activation issue with Media Composer about a year ago. Other than that I find it reliable.

What about if you were to activate the system, then just kill Avid Link in task manager's startup tab.

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller