Latest post Fri, Jan 1 2021 11:15 PM by cooliogiulio8. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 31 2020 5:45 PM

Media composer down grading the resolution of my clips

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the program but im very fond of it since i learnt it in school. Recently i got the Media Composer Ultimate 2020.10.0, and it is great exceot for the fact that whenever i import vido clips the files are down-ressed.

I tried toggoling the little television box at the bottom so it would show me the full quality clips, but it remains the same down ressed quality. It isnt so much a problem as i dont need to edit with full quality, but it is also exporting them in the quality i don't want.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong in the export or if my setting are incorrect. Maybe you guys can help.

For info im working on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, graphic card: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. 
    My files are davinci resolve proxies, 1920x1080 HD quicktime H264
    my project is set to be to the 1080p/24 preset.

• Fri, Jan 1 2021 4:47 PM In reply to

Re: Media composer down grading the resolution of my clips

I'd start by saying don't import content (unless it can't be AMA linked) when you import the content is created at the project resolution and at whatever codec you select.

If you AMA link the resolution and quality is the same as the source.

If need be you can transcode to lower the codec quality and bake in any rescaling you may have set in FrameFlex.

You only ever see the full quality if you have ane external display via I/O hardware. Within Avid you are seeing scaled images in the source and record monitor.

The yellow yellow/green green blue toggle does lower the quality to improve the playback so to see it at its best you wnat green or blue

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Fri, Jan 1 2021 11:15 PM In reply to

Re: Media composer down grading the resolution of my clips

I shall try this out, thanks so much. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller