Latest post Tue, Nov 10 2020 11:42 PM by Russell Anderson. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 9 2020 7:11 PM

See what project is currently open in Avid from the OS level

Are there any system files / logs / xmls that are storing information on what project is currently open?  I'm working on a piece of software that needs to know, ideally, the name of the current open project, it's path, and really any other info.

I've been poking around but haven't found it anywhere yet.

(This is more a development question but I'm not sure which forum to put it in.  Mods, feel free to move it!)

Filed under:
  • Tue, Nov 10 2020 2:54 PM In reply to

• ericswanson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Texas
    • Posts 58
    • Points 780

Re: See what project is currently open in Avid from the OS level

Try this in Terminal:

lsof | grep .avp

On my computer that shows the path to the open project file (along with some other info). Maybe look at the man page for lsof to see if there is a way to just get the path, or find a way to trim the output using another command-line tool.

LiSt Open Files is what lsof does.

Eric

Editing on an iMac Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 10 2020 11:42 PM In reply to

Re: See what project is currently open in Avid from the OS level

Not a bad solution!  It's notably slow (took almost 60 seconds to run out for me). I'm curious if there's a way to isolate if I know which application is running.  I'll do some manual reading.

Thanks! 

If anyone else knows of another way, I'm all ears.

EDIT:

`lsof -c AvidMedia | grep .avp` eliminates the garbage and returns the result almost immediately.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller