Latest post Mon, Mar 23 2020 7:48 AM by John Moore. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 7 2018 12:41 AM

• BurghMD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 7 2014
    • Posts 20
    • Points 300

MC Ultimate Hangs on Loading.

Running on Sierra, and my newest version of MC U hangs on loading, specifically MSP_SPhere.AVX.  What gives?  The worst part is that I have paid for this month and have yet to use this system.  Anybody else tired of the way all AVID projects have problems loading?  It's like pulling teeth.  

• Tue, Nov 13 2018 5:38 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,892
    • Points 31,995
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: MC Ultimate Hangs on Loading.

Hi BurghMD,

Please email me I will open a support case for you. Include the MC systems ID.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.15.7 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 14 2018 3:22 PM In reply to

• BurghMD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 7 2014
    • Posts 20
    • Points 300

Solved the problem by moving the folder out of the AVID Library.  Now my Digital Film Tools license won’t work, but everything else loads.  Thanks.  

• Thu, Nov 15 2018 12:55 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bainbridge Island, WA
    • Posts 5,568
    • Points 64,850
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Move the folder back to where it was but remove the MSP_SPhere.AVX file first.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Mon, Mar 23 2020 7:48 AM In reply to

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 397
    • Points 4,475

I just experienced this issue installing MC 2018.12.10 on my late 2012 iMac 21.5 inch.  I removed the MSP_Sphere.avx and it launched.  I'm on Sierra 10.12.6 OS 16GB ram (max for this computer.). What is the real issue here?  With Covid now my wife will be editing from home and they haven't determined the remote editing solution.  I'm assuming the MSP_Sphere.avx is related to interplay environments but would it have anything to do with remote editing if they use an Avid solution?  It's been two years why is this still an issue.  Make fix it Howard.

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller