Latest post Sun, Sep 18 2016 2:00 AM by davidjohnsonjr. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 29 2016 3:00 PM

AMA linking issues with XDCAM plugin

I am using Media Composer 8.6.1 on Mac OS 10.11.6. Whenever I try to AMA link video files from a JVC GY-HM100U I get a "can't be linked" error in the source browser.

I have updated to the latest Sony XDCAM plugin version 3.5100.0.398.

The video files do AMA link fine in MC 8.5.

Filed under:
  • Wed, Sep 14 2016 12:41 AM In reply to

Re: AMA linking issues with XDCAM plugin

Having the same issue with this. Certain XDCAM Quicktime will not work on 8.6.1 or higher but AMA jsut fine on 8.5.x. Have updated AMA plugins and done full reinstall. And nothing.

Runnign 8.6.3 on 10.11.6 btu have tested on other systems that are 8.6.1 and 8.6.2

• Wed, Sep 14 2016 8:52 AM In reply to

Clarify - are they XDCam camera files inside a XDCam card structure?  OR, are they standalone XDCam-codec MOV files?

If it's the XDCam card structure, then this is related to the XDCam plugin.  But if they're MOV files, this is related to the QuickTime plugin, not at all related to the XDCam plugin.

Just answer that, to help everyone get a start on figuring out what's happening here.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.15.6, Avid Media Composer 2020.12 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 15 2016 1:05 AM In reply to

Jackrabbit416: I have tried linking on both Windows and Mac, as well as reinstalling. I even tried it on a clean install of both operating systems without luck.

usatraveler: The files are standalone XDCAM codecs wrapped in a .MOV container. After speaking with Avid Support, they could not get the files to work on their end either. They believe it is related to the Quicktime plugin. 

Avid Support did create a new bug number. The number is: MCCET-1452.

• Thu, Sep 15 2016 4:16 AM In reply to

On the Mac - have you tried installing a FCP suite app, even just the Final Cut Pro X trial?  Its "Pro Apps" codecs include a number of QuickTime components for certain codecs that aren't included standard in QuickTime, including XDCam.

So, if you install the FCPX trial, and the ProApps codecs, you may get those XDCam MOV files working.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.15.6, Avid Media Composer 2020.12 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 18 2016 2:00 AM In reply to

I already FCPX with the Pro Codecs installed and I still have the same issues in Media Composer. The XDCam MOV files work fine in FCPX.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller