Latest post Mon, Sep 14 2015 9:14 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 14 2015 3:20 PM

• Lateguy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Fredericksburg, VA
    • Posts 58
    • Points 770

Linking to AMA P2 Crashes Media Composer on "Link to Media..."

In case anyone has this problem and using internet/forum search for solution.

I upgraded to MC 8.4 and could not successfully link to my P2 files, even though I updated the P2 Plugin from Panasonic. This is what would happen while my P2 card was connected. In Media Composer...

File>Link to Media....>(Select P2 Card)

Avid attempts to load files and it crashes.  

After deleting the older versions of P2 Plugins (MVP_PanasonicP2.avx and MSP_PanasonicP2MXF.avx) from the Library/ApplicationSupport/Avid/AX2_Plug-ins/AMA I restarted MC, Link to Media... and success. No more crashes. P2 files loaded.

Media Composer v8.6.1 Mac Pro OS X 10.12.4 Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Number Of Processors: 2 Total Number... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Mon, Sep 14 2015 9:14 PM In reply to

Re: Linking to AMA P2 Crashes Media Composer on "Link to Media..."

Yes, AMA plugins tend not to be overwritten (for whatever reason) so I find it best to move them to the Desktop so they can be easily replaced if the new plugin causes problems.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller