Latest post Thu, Aug 27 2015 1:51 AM by Christian Jhonson. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 27 2015 1:02 AM

• Tim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 12 2010
    • Lock Haven, Pa
    • Posts 63
    • Points 1,115

First new Icon I've seen, what does it mean?

We've updated to version 8.4 recently and when editing a sequence we've noticed a new icon that appears in the timeline.  It also has a green or blue dot and allows us to render an effect, although we have not created an effect.  We have taken identical footage created at the same time from an identical camera in a different project and the icon is not present. 

Any idea what this is and why it needs to be rendered?

New Icon

HP SB-Z400 Workstation, Intel® Xeon® Six-Core Processor W3680 3.33 GHz, 12 MB cache, 1333 MHz memory, 12GB RAM, PNY-1 FX4800 video card, Windows 7 Pro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 27 2015 1:13 AM In reply to

Re: First new Icon I've seen, what does it mean?

Hi.

They are Adapters Displayed in Timeline Clips that have source-side color, spatial and motion adapters, now have these effects indicated by separate icons instead of the green dot.

Temporal (motion) adapters appear with a T, spatial (FrameFlex) adapters appear with an S, and Color adapters appear with a C. If there is a render dot on the clip it will appear on the effect icon. If there is no effect icon, the render dot will appear on the adapters. You can change your timeline display to selectively turn the icon display on or off. Select the Timeline fast menu (hamburger menu) and choose which adapters you want to appear in the Timeline.

cv

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Thu, Aug 27 2015 1:36 AM In reply to

• Tim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 12 2010
    • Lock Haven, Pa
    • Posts 63
    • Points 1,115

That's great! Thank you for the quick reply.  I've tried searching the documentation for Media Composer and couldn't find anything about Adapters.  Where can I find more information about these and why they appear on some clips and not others.  At least now I can turn them off so people aren't confused by them.  Thanks again for all your help.

HP SB-Z400 Workstation, Intel® Xeon® Six-Core Processor W3680 3.33 GHz, 12 MB cache, 1333 MHz memory, 12GB RAM, PNY-1 FX4800 video card, Windows 7 Pro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 27 2015 1:51 AM In reply to

What´s new documentation comes with your MC.

Avid Knowledge Base an Avid blogs are your friends

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/readme/Media-Composer-Software-8-0-Documentation..

http://www.avidblogs.com/media-composer-8-4-download-now-available/

cv

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller