Latest post Thu, Aug 13 2015 2:22 PM by Pat Horridge. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 13 2015 9:21 AM

Colour correction "through the day"

Hi,

I've been doing a series of timelapse drawings and the last one took so long it started at midday (high sun) and ended at night (with tungsten lighting casting green shadow).  Naturally, there will need to be several colour corrections.  I just wondered if CC can be keyframed, or something like?  In short, how to effect a gradualised/seamless colour correction operation in MC7?

Thank you,

DC

Asus ZenBook UX534FTC_UX534FT running Windows Home 64-bit Processor: Core i7, GTX 1650 Installed memory (RAM): 16.00 GB Installed: Avid MC 2022.7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 13 2015 11:36 AM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,470
    • Points 18,260

Re: Colour correction "through the day"

You can't keyframe Avid CC effects, but you can use add-edits and dissolve between them either on the clip itself or on a filler track above.

Alternately, some 3rd party CC tools such as Boris do allow for keyframing.

• Thu, Aug 13 2015 12:27 PM In reply to

You mean Keyframeable? If you say so:

You can use the advanced keyframes interface in the Effect Editor to animate most color correction adjustments and You can:

1. Manipulate many color correction parameters in the Effect Editor using sliders or parameter Enable buttons. 
    2. Add and adjust keyframes for many color correction parameters in keyframe graphs, using the same methods you use for advanced keyframes in other effects. 
    3. View keyframe markers in the position bar below the Current monitor in Color Correction mode. 
    4. Automatically add keyframes by moving the position indicator below the Current monitor and then adjusting any keyframeable color correction parameter. 
    5. Check how your animated color corrections are working by scrubbing through clips in Color Correction mode. Color correction parameter controls and graphs update as you scrub to show the parameter values at each point in the clip. 

cv

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Thu, Aug 13 2015 12:41 PM In reply to

Yes, you can keyframe all the CC parameters, but the downside is that if you copy the CC to another clip it will copy the animations with it, so it is often easier to use the add edit workflow.

Symphony 2018.12.13 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 2018.12.13 OS 10.13.4 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, SNS SANmp... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 13 2015 12:50 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,589
    • Points 255,985
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

David is spot on - and that downside has bit many in the butt in the past so just be careful.  I agree with davids suggestion.

Marianna

Sr. Director | Customer Experience [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 13 2015 2:22 PM In reply to

Make it monochrome and its all sorted :-)

As long as the whole duration is within one clip you can keyframe the change over time. If you have multiple clips making up the sequence I'd mixdown to a flat single clip and CC that.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller