Latest post Sat, May 16 2015 9:27 AM by Susi. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 15 2015 9:00 PM

Title Tool Crash MC 8.3.1

Hello,

I am using Media Composer 8.3.1 on my Late 2008 Macbook Pro (upgraded ram and harddrive recently). My OS is the most current Yosemite.  Every time I use Title Tool it will open up, let me create a title but then when I go to save it, the whole thing disappears and I get the spinning color wheel of death. When I close Title Tool it gives me a message asking if I'm sure I want to close it while it's trying to save a new title.  .... whether I force it closed or not it never gives me a title.  It never shows up in any of the bins, it's like I never made it.   

Please help.  Do I need to download a patch? Or reinstall Title Tool or something? Which I'm not exactly sure how to uninstall and reinstall if that's what I need to do.  ... I'm sort of nervous around MC because it always seems to go haywire at some point despite which machine I'm working on.  I'm just at a loss.

Many thanks.

Angela

• Fri, May 15 2015 10:59 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,275
    • Points 16,230
    • Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Title Tool Crash MC 8.3.1

Ran into this at one point too. The answer was in where the title was being saved. It was defaulting to the main OS drive. Big mistake. So I changed it in the Media Creation settings to an external drive and all was fine.

Many systems. Windows 7, Windows 10, and all flavors of macOS. Juts assume I'm running everything ;) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: @heybove   Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)   WWND (What Would Norman Do?)   #AllisWell

• Fri, May 15 2015 11:18 PM In reply to

Thanks so much.  How do I change that?  I will look around and google it too but in the mean time thanks again for your help. 

.............. nevermind, I found it.  It says that it's already going to my external hard drive. so I don't know.  Any other suggestions? 

Many thanks! 

• Sat, May 16 2015 9:27 AM In reply to

• Susi
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 605
    • Points 7,055

In your main project window go to the 'Settings' pull-down menu. Under 'Media Creation' you can choose destination drive for various types of new audio and video media

MCversion 2020-10-0 on macOS 10.14.6 13" early-2015 Macbook Pro; 3.1GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB Gizmos... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller