Latest post Fri, Apr 24 2015 12:46 AM by JMac. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 24 2015 12:46 AM

• JMac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 11 2014
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Problem importing P2 Proxy Media from Panasonic Varicam 35

I'm working on a production that's shooting with the new Panasonic Varicam 35. This camera creates both RAW files, and simultaneously a set of HD Proxy files which are saved in a P2 file structure. The idea is to use this second set of files for offline editing, eliminating the need for a Resolve workflow with the RAW files. I have a lot of experience with P2 media in Avid but am finding I can't import these files as usual. 

Running Avid MC 8.2, with AMA Plug-in for Panasonic P2 version 4.3 installed.

I can verify that the card structure itself is working since I can view the clips properly in Panasonic's P2ViewerPlus software.

Tried File > AMA Link... , linked to the folder above the "Contents" folder, as usual. The software cannot import clips. Console reads: 

Link To AMA Volume -> /Volumes/RAID 6TB/008_OneDrop Dailies/Days 1-3 Fixed/OneDrop_04222015/Video/Proxies/Dump 3/

MVP Used:[ Plugin Name = PanasonicP2 MVP_MSP Plug-In Panasonic. Version = 4.3 ]

MSP Used:[ Plugin Name = PanasonicP2 MVP_MSP Plug-In Panasonic. Version = 4.3 ]

I have tried using Legacy P2 import function as well, with no luck.

I am wondering if it has something to do with the fact that there is nothing in the "VIDEO" folder with this particular P2 recording: all the MXF files are in the "AVCLIP" folder.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of problem?

EDITED TO ADD: Legacy P2 import yields all the clips in the "ICON" folder, which are of course useless freeze-frames. Very weird.

> Avid 2022.7 > Monterey 12.5.1 > iMac Retina 5K 2019 / 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9 / 64 GB RAM / Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller