Latest post Thu, Dec 25 2014 5:59 AM by Telegram!. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 21 2014 2:46 PM

Where to buy 2015 support upgrade? Avid Store or VideoGuys, etc.?

This week I will need to purchase the "299" support plan for a couple systems. Does it matter where I get them from and HOW exactly do purchased upgrades get recognized by Avid, to their dongles/system IDs, as well as to activation licences? 

-Telegram!

• Sun, Dec 21 2014 5:15 PM In reply to

Re: Where to buy 2015 support upgrade? Avid Store or VideoGuys, etc.?

You can buy from any official reseller. I usually use VideoGuys.com.

They will provide you with a download code. You can redeem it via Avid.com's master account (go to avid.com then click on your name on top). Click on "Avid Software Activation and Download". Once the code has has been verified it will appear in "My Products and Subscriptions" section. From there you can use it to upgrade your license. With dongles, it will allow you to download an .avd file that will upgrade the license embedded in your dongle.

MC 2022, W11, ASUS z690m, Intel 13900K, Gigabyte 3080Ti Waterforce, 128GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2019, Big... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Dec 21 2014 5:47 PM In reply to

Dom, Thanks for replying.

Right now, I know that of my 2 dongles + 1 Software Activation licenses, only info related to the Software Activation is seen listed within "My Products and Subscriptions". It always troubled me that I could not actually SEE mention of the other two dongles and their Sys ID, but they both have been working fine.

When I purchase the 3 Software upgrades, do you think I will at least SEE all three purchases listed somehow on "My Products and Subscriptions"?

-Telegram!

• Sun, Dec 21 2014 5:51 PM In reply to

From what I have been told, if you purchase with an Avid Store account, and try to upgrade a system that is not yet linked to your account, it will work, and it will be manually verified that the system is indeed yours, and then it should be moved into your store account / master account.

I'm betting that the same is true when you use a code that you redeem via your account.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Dec 21 2014 6:01 PM In reply to

Thanks, Job. All of it has always been a source of confusion for me and I am really glad if I get to see ALL three show up there, once this whole thing is dealt with.  Good luck to you and all in 2015.

-Telegram!

• Wed, Dec 24 2014 7:49 PM In reply to

• curtisn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Irving, TX
    • Posts 27
    • Points 285

I've bought the supports plans from Videoguys on Monday the 22nd, but haven't received the download codes yet.  I'm sure they will show up soon. Do I have to register these with Avid before the end if the year? Or is it enough that I've bought them? 

MC 8.5, HP Z840, NitrisDX [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 25 2014 5:59 AM In reply to

I got my codes the same day BY EMAIL. Check

your inbox for mail labeled MCSUPP from Barbara G

Yes, you must plug your codes into

Avid.com by 31st... not enuf to buy was what I was told.

Her email has codes and instructions. They may not be open Friday,

so call Monday. Close early on 31st. Happy New Year.

-Telegram!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller