Latest post Thu, Nov 27 2014 4:49 PM by D-Color. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 21 2014 3:42 PM

• D-Color
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 21 2014
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

MC 8.1 on AMA P2 file Exception cannot create the AMA sample mapper to play this clip

Hi all,

i read about this exeption all over the internet but didn't find a soultion. So i report here my problem.

I'm running MC 8.1.0 on a 

OSX 10.9.5

2 x 2.66 GHz Intel Xeon

24GB DDR3

with the NLE plug-in from Panasonic ver 4,2

linking P2 material trough AMA link is fine. but i'm not able to play/trasncode/consolidate any clip. every time I try i get the sample mapper's exption.

I tryed with different material but same result.

I have an older version of MC on a macbook and have no problem with it but i would like to get my mac pro working properly.

anyone any idea?

thanks a lot

francesco tasselli, D-Color

Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Nov 21 2014 4:44 PM In reply to

Re: MC 8.1 on AMA P2 file Exception cannot create the AMA sample mapper to play this clip

Big issue might be that Media Composer 8.1 isn't qualified for 10.9.5.  Only 10.9.3...which, of course, you can't get (Apple makes that impossible).  

• Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:51 PM In reply to

• D-Color
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Re: MC 8.1 on AMA P2 file Exception cannot create the AMA sample mapper to play this clip

so, is it a game over?

what if I update to 8.2?

• Mon, Nov 24 2014 5:17 PM In reply to

It's not game over....there are solutions out there. Find someone with an older version of Avid on a compatible system and use/rent it to do the conversion.  Upgrade to 8.2.  Download the trial to 8.2 on another computer with the newer OS...  lots of work arounds.

• Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:00 AM In reply to

• D-Color
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Shane Ross:

It's not game over....there are solutions out there. Find someone with an older version of Avid on a compatible system and use/rent it to do the conversion.  Upgrade to 8.2.  Download the trial to 8.2 on another computer with the newer OS...  lots of work arounds.

Updating to 8.2 didn't workout! same issue.

Of course I can do the job from another workstation with older version of OSX/MC.

But it would be great if I can get my pretty expensive main workstation working fine.

I'm now downloading version 7.0.4 of MC and trying with that.

thanks a lot if you got any suggestion.

• Tue, Nov 25 2014 4:23 PM In reply to

Technically, the 4.2 plugin is not qualified with v8 (just v6.5 and v7).  I was told Panasonic was releasing 4.3 in late summer, but they still haven't.  No idea why.

Others have had 4.2 work fine, some haven't.  If you drop back to v7, it should work, provided there isn't an issue with your media that causing the problem.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Nov 25 2014 7:05 PM In reply to

D-Color:

Hi all,

i read about this exeption all over the internet but didn't find a soultion. So i report here my problem.

I'm running MC 8.1.0 on a 

OSX 10.9.5

2 x 2.66 GHz Intel Xeon

24GB DDR3

with the NLE plug-in from Panasonic ver 4,2

linking P2 material trough AMA link is fine. but i'm not able to play/trasncode/consolidate any clip. every time I try i get the sample mapper's exption.

<stuff removed>

/Rant On

Folks please do not post as if all P2 media is the same.  P2 media can contain a wide variety of codecs.  Also please state whether you copied the media to a hard drive as you should.  If you did copy the media to a hard drive please let us know what model the drive is and how it is connected.

/Rant Off

I can connect to P2 media containing 1080i/29.97 AVCIntra 100 using the 4.2 plugin in 8.2.  I did have the plugin running under 7.x and did not uninstall the plugin prior to uninstalling 7.0.4 and upgrading to 8.2.  I am on the perpetual license with the support contract.

I selected P2 Folder in the AMA choices and connected to the folder above the Contents folder.

Back in the 00’s someone, maybe Shane Ross, had stock answers to the common questions on the FCP forums.  These stock answers were ones he could just past into a reply.  My new stock reply is “Start in Resolve” .  If one is having issues with AMA or importing they should learn to start in Resolve then AAF with media to MC.  Not sure why more folks don’t do that.

Y’all be cool,

Robert

2018 MacBook Pro,I7 2.6GHz/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 560X 4GB/500GB SSD/External RAID0/Mojave & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/1GB SSD/HIT2TB/WD1TB/ProAvio... [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelance Preditor(Producer/Editor)
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

• Tue, Nov 25 2014 7:10 PM In reply to

Yup...those were my stock answers.  still dig one out on occasion.

P2 has two formats...AVCIntra, and DVCPRO HD.  Well, three, if you count AVCIntra 50 and AVCIntra 100. Then all the frame rates and sizes...but really only two formats.  

• Thu, Nov 27 2014 4:49 PM In reply to

• D-Color
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

I donwgraded to MC 7.0.4 and everything worked!

it seems that panasonic have to upgrade his plugin..

material was DVCPro HD by the way.

Just to know, can you kindly link a workflow from Resolve to Avid of P2 clips?

thank to all

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller