Latest post Tue, Jan 7 2014 10:15 PM by Francois Labat. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 6 2014 11:19 PM

Stabilizer Tutorial

I'm looking for a reasonably up to date tutorial for MC's Stabilize effect. I'm only running MC 6.5, but the few tutorials I've been able to find are pre-v.6 and typically don't even delve into all the features of that version. Most of them (the ones I've found anyway) suggest you can simply apply the effect, wait while it tracks and you're done. I'm not having much luck with that.

Martin

MC 2018.11.0, OS 10.13.6, Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 7 2014 10:15 PM In reply to

Re: Stabilizer Tutorial

Hi

i'm not shure you can find such a tutorial (I'd like to look at it if it you can)

Stabilize is a very strange effect, more than any effetct using tracking option... There are very little parameter you can adjust. I confirm you can apply the effect and look if you like it. As I have to use it sometines on limited parts of long shots I have developped some tricks as transitions from unstabilized parts to stabilized ones. You can also open the tracking window to set the smoothing value the number you need.

You may also prefer to use the basic 3D effect if you need to stabilize using a specific part of the image as a tracker.

I fought many times with that strange effect. If you have specific needs, please tell, maybe I can help.

Francois

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller