Latest post Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:39 PM by Steve Bocaranda. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 5:54 PM

URGENT please HELP ME my Symphony freezing

I just open and my Symphony freezing. often before I've even started editing. I click on the timeline or something and the egg-timer icon comes up and it's game over. I need your help, what I need to do? I have three internal Hard drive of 3tb each, the media is in hard drive number 1 and my symphony is in hard drive number 1 too

Symphony 6.5.0.1 - Pro Tools 10.3.2 - Mac Pro Mountain Lion OS 10.8.2 Processor 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Memory 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC, Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:11 PM In reply to

Re: URGENT please HELP ME my Symphony freezing

Steve Bocaranda:
    I have three internal Hard drive of 3tb each, the media is in hard drive number 1 and my symphony is in hard drive number 1 too

That's your problem. You need to store media files on a DIFFERENT drive than the drive the application is installed and run on. You are overtaxing your drive. The standard configuration is for the Symphony application to be installed and run from the system drive and media written to a separate drive, either internal, external or a RAID array.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:35 PM In reply to

Ok I'm going to try it, and I let you know

Symphony 6.5.0.1 - Pro Tools 10.3.2 - Mac Pro Mountain Lion OS 10.8.2 Processor 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Memory 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC, Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:43 PM In reply to

Keep in mind the Avid Media Folder Management Ground Rules:

1) The "Avid MediaFiles" folder (for MXF media) and the "OMFI MediaFiles" folder (for OMF media if you have any) MUST reside at the root level of the media drive, not inside any other folders or the system will not be able to find the media.

2) The folder names must always be the factory default names listed above (minus the quotes) or the system will not be able to find the media.

3) There can be only one of each folder type on any given media drive.

And after moving media between drives, you will need to rebuild the media database files to update the system as to the new location of the files, or you will get media offline warnings. Quit the application, and in each numerical folder inside the MXF folder inside the Avid MediaFiles folder, delete the two files that identify as "msmFMID.pmr" and "msmMMOB.mdb". If you have an OMFI MediaFiles folder, delete the same two files. On re-launch, the system will detect the missing files and build new ones at the "Initializing Media Streams Manager" stage. You will see the system go into scanning and then indexing modes at this point. Depending on how many drives and how much media you have on your system, this can take a while, so good time for a meal break.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:39 PM In reply to

I FIXED IT, the problem is when you have a clone hard drive in the same computer. Apple check for me, thay removed the buck up hard drive and now is working perfect. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller