Latest post Wed, Aug 15 2012 3:31 PM by Daniel. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:03 PM

• Daniel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 26 2012
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Points 355

DPX Symphony Workflow

Hi,

I have a feature supplied in DPX and was going to export out using Metafuze on a PC then copy the file on to my XSan and AMA in to the Symphony.

This will take a long time , does anyone else have a faster workflow ?

I'm running Symphony 6.01 0n a Mac , hence using 2 workstations. I was going to use Parralels to run Windows or Boot Camp but they seemed a bit flakey.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan

Avid Symphony 6.01 on Mac Pro & Media Composer 6.5 on Mac Pro I used to be Blue Crow [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:24 PM In reply to

Re: DPX Symphony Workflow

A method I have used is to create a quicktime reference of the DPX's using the AJA DPX to QT translator in your Mac, which you can download fron their site as part of any driver package.

You may be able to use AMA to transcode the material to an Avid codec inside Symphony and maintain 10 bits.

Importing directly works but the QT engine will truncate the material to 8 bit.

Symphony 2018.12.13 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 2018.12.13 OS 10.13.4 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, SNS SANmp... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 15 2012 3:31 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 26 2012
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Points 355

Re: DPX Symphony Workflow

Hi David,

Thanks very much for your help. I had a power issue here and have only just got back on track for doing this job.

Cheers,

Dan

Avid Symphony 6.01 on Mac Pro & Media Composer 6.5 on Mac Pro I used to be Blue Crow [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller