Latest post Wed, Nov 23 2011 3:46 PM by camoscato. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 16 2011 7:23 PM

Apparently Squeeze 7 and Squeeze 8 that come with MC are Lite versions

-the Squeeze 7 version that you get with the download of MC6, doesn't have watch folders, nor CUDA engines
    (if you download the Squeeze 7 from the sorensonmedia web, the serial that came with your avid, can't be used)

-the Squeeze 8 version that you can download from the sorensonmedia web, only activates the LITE version, again without CUDA engines nor watch folders...

I think that if you want the FULL Squeeze 8, you can buy an upgrade at the avid shop
    http://shop.avid.com/store/product.do?product=307571209548144

Benefits of upgrading to the full version of Squeeze 8, $149:

• -Review & Approval – Enjoy this integrated workflow included with your complimentary Sorenson 360  account.
    • -Watch Folders – Set up workflows with the use of this intelligent automated functionality.
    • -Encode videos for Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) delivery in a variety of formats—Apple HLS, Microsoft Smooth, Flash Dynamic.
    • -CUDA-enabled GPU acceleration of H.264 encoding – Up to 5x faster than CPU only.
    • -Web Publishing – Customizable Flash players, Playlists, Permalink pages, Analytics and easy Media Management.
    • -Time-Savers – Encode multiple files simultaneously and enjoy SMS or text notification when they’re done.

You guys think this is worth it?

Social Media Manager at Avid
    Editor-in-Chief avidblogs.com

Got a great story to tell for #TimelineTuesday?
    Want to share a Media Composer Tutorial on #TutorialThursday?
    Contact me!

Twitter: @editorbelga
    Facebook: fb.com/editorbelga 
    WWLD

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:42 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,818
    • Points 63,185

MC 6 was supposed to ship with a Squeeze 8 sn - turns out it's Squeeze Lite!

Activation e-mail from Sorenson suggests that the Squeeze serial number is for Squeeze 6.

Also - once Squeeze 8 is installed it runs as Squeeze 8 LITE (no watch folders and stuff)

I thought we covered this in previous emails - Marianna stated that we would be able to run Squeeze 8 with the serial number we received with MC 6

Any comments? This is so not cool!

BTW - I downloaded and installed Squeeze 8 and used the serial number I received with MC 6 - I did not install the Squeeze package I received with MC 6 - was that a mistake?

MC 2021.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2021 | Sapphire 2021 | Mocha Pro 2021 | Titler Pro 7.7 | Windows 10 Pro x64 (21H1) | System: Asus x299, i9-7940X (4.1GHz... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 6:05 AM In reply to

Re: Apparently Squeeze 7 and Squeeze 8 that come with MC are Lite versions

ok, so I went and bought from that link the FULL Sorenson 8 upgrade from the Avid Shop.
    They send me an email with the serial, BUT I was unable to use it...

I contacted sorenson and they said:

The serial number you provided for the standard version was incomplete.

Squeeze serial numbers have 30 characters, grouped into sets of 6. Please check again and let me know if you have a full serial.

So I adviced the Avid Shop and they said...

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

For further assistance with the installation, please contact our technical support team by selecting your brand here:

So now I bought something that none of the two parties can help me activate it!

wim

Contact me!

WWLD

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:10 PM In reply to

Got back from Sebastian Nye of Sorenson..

He will investigate why the upgrade from Squeeze 8 Lite to FULL from the Avid Store, resulted in sending me an 'incomplete and thus invalid serial number...'

so be careful if you buy that, keep you posted...

wim

Contact me!

WWLD

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 9:42 PM In reply to

• MG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 84
    • Points 1,025

So where can i download squeeze 8 LITE that works with my serial number from MC6? 

MacPro 2013, 16Gb mem, os 10.10.5, MC 8.4.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:44 PM In reply to

• DFW Hokie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Plano, TX
    • Posts 272
    • Points 3,670

I saw in another thread that the "lite" version doesn't have blu-ray presets.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

• Mon, Nov 21 2011 10:52 PM In reply to

• wil
    • Not Ranked
    • Quebec
    • Posts 60
    • Points 740

DFW Hokie:

I saw in another thread that the "lite" version doesn't have blu-ray presets.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

that's right, just a few presets, no blue-ray, no watch folder, this doesn't feel like an upgrade at all... goin back to 6.5 ... be careful!

Precision 5820, 10 cores i9-10900X 3.7Ghz, 64GB ECC, RTX 2070, Win10 Pro 64 on WD 500GB SSD, data on Hitachi G Speed Q Raid. Intensity Pro PCIe card... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 22 2011 9:23 PM In reply to

• curtisn
    • Not Ranked
    • Irving, TX
    • Posts 27
    • Points 285

Wim Van den Broeck:

Benefits of upgrading to the full version of Squeeze 8, $149:

• -Review & Approval – Enjoy this integrated workflow included with your complimentary Sorenson 360  account.
    • -Watch Folders – Set up workflows with the use of this intelligent automated functionality.
    • -Encode videos for Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) delivery in a variety of formats—Apple HLS, Microsoft Smooth, Flash Dynamic.
    • -CUDA-enabled GPU acceleration of H.264 encoding – Up to 5x faster than CPU only.
    • -Web Publishing – Customizable Flash players, Playlists, Permalink pages, Analytics and easy Media Management.
    • -Time-Savers – Encode multiple files simultaneously and enjoy SMS or text notification when they’re done.

The "Web Publishing" line is a direct reference to the 360 account. It is not a feature of Squeeze. Same goes for the "Review & Approve" feature.  As far as time-saver, check with support for any specific codec that you will be compressing to. Not every codec is supported for multiple simultaneous encoding - such as MainConcept.

The "Watch Folder" is very important to have if you are compressing more than two or three files. Squeeze doesn't like to have much more than that in the job list.  If I'm doing more than three, I designate a watch folder.

If you are make customized settings, save your presets AND the job before you start compressing. You will save yourself a lot of frustration when you do.

MC 8.5, HP Z840, NitrisDX [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 23 2011 3:46 PM In reply to

Answered by Avid here:

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/102512/595710.aspx#595710

To keep all the replies in one place and make sure nobody's concerns are missed, please don't comment on this thread.  If you'd like to comment on the Squeeze issue, comment on the thread in the link above.

thanks,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2022.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller