Latest post Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:37 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 8 2011 8:52 PM

Rolling Credits in Arabic

Hello, 

i need help creating a rolling title in arabic. The problem - as you can read in many threads - is that neither Title Tool nor Marquee can display arabic fonts properly. 

I already tried to make the Credits in After Effects or Premiere, but when imported to Avid it looks terrible. I have a huuge (long) .tif file in Photoshop containing all the names and stuff. 

I tried using Pan & Zoom to animate it there but it also looked blurry, jiggely, whatever. You really can see the fields.

Is there a nice workaround for this? Or has anyone any idea how to deal with this? I might try to chop the .tif into pieces and then Pan & Zoom it but it sounds difficult to keep the same speed, etc. 

Thanks already!

annewoehlert.de

• Tue, Nov 8 2011 8:59 PM In reply to

Re: Rolling Credits in Arabic

Hi,

aennaraema:
    I already tried to make the Credits in After Effects or Premiere, but when imported to Avid it looks terrible. I have a huuge (long) .tif file in Photoshop containing all the names and stuff. 

I tried using Pan & Zoom to animate it there but it also looked blurry, jiggely, whatever. You really can see the fields.

What format/frame rate is your project, did your After Effects comp match the frame size of your project, what resolution did you choose when importing, and are you looking at it on a computer monitor or a broadcast monitor?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2022.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Nov 8 2011 9:10 PM In reply to

hi carl, 

the project is 1080i/50, the afx project was the same, chose uhm, not sure, DNxHD 120 or 180, i am looking at it on a broadcast monitor (on computer monitor its fine cause you can't see the fields)...

the afx project uses this .tif, too. i tried to work this out with this maths-thing which does something with length of picture and time...

i'd love to do this in avid, cause avid makes some magic tricks with rolling titles and they always look amazing!

annewoehlert.de

• Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:37 PM In reply to

Hi,

I was hoping you were going to say something like you were working in DV resolution and viewing on a computer monitor.  It sounds like you're doing it all right (or if you're wrong, I don't see it).  It might help if you posted a screen shot of your AE render settings and Avid import settings; perhaps there's something in there that will stand out.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2022.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller